Sanirang Alpine Networks will be offering overnight 2-day Youth Climbing Camps this Summer 2013!
SAN’s climbing and camping program will kick-off at one of the many outdoor artificial wall climbing facilities located in the GangBukGu district of northern Seoul. After brief introductions and a general debriefing and outline about the program, the SAN Staff will break the ice with numerous exciting climbing-related activities to warm them up and get them nicely acquainted for the hiking, camping and natural rock climbing to come.
Upcoming Youth Climbing Camp dates and payment deadlines are as follows:
June 29~30, 2013 – Registration Deadline June 20, 2013
July 27~28, 2013 – Registration Deadline July 12, 2013
Program Fee: 350,000KRW or 350.00USD
DAY ONE TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
- 8:30 – Artificial Climbing Facility, Uidong, GangBukGu
- 9:00 – Phase 1: Introduction to Rock Climbing, TR Belaying & Abseiling.
- 12:30- Lunch
- 2:30 – Relocate to Bukhansan National Park
- 3:00 – Phase 2: Introduction to Backpacking, Hiking Log & Leave No Trace.
- 6:00 – Phase 3: Introduction to Camping & Cooking & Management
- 9:30 – Curfew & Role Call
DAY TWO TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
- 6:00 – Wake Up & Role Call
- 6:30 – Phase 4: Review Camping & Cooking & Management
- 7:30 – Phase 5: Review Backpacking, Hiking Log & Leave No Trace.
- 8:30 – Phase 6: Introduction to Slab Climbing, TR Belaying & Abseiling Review.
- 11:00- Lunch
- 11:30- Phase 7: Introduction to Crack Climbing & TR Belaying Review.
- 4:30 – Phase 58: Evacuate Camp & Pack out.
- 5:30 – End. Rendezvous.*All specific date, times and location details attached in program pamphlet confirmation.
**Sanirang Alpine Networks LLC will provide necessary rock climbing, hiking and camping gear.
Youth will not only be educated on the fundamentals of basic rock climbing techniques, belaying and abseiling skills, but also the direct value and role that positive communication, teamwork and trust among one another play in keeping climbing systems safely shut, redundant and a lot of fun under the close supervision of our qualified instructors and support staff.
This a great opportunity for children to get out and experience the excitement that can be found out in one of Korea’s finest natural environments and there is something new for each of them to learn throughout each phase of this 2-day program. SAN programs are also very environmentally conscious and advocate Leave No Trace practices. SAN hopes to promote not only the importance of how negative impact can hurt the natural ecosystems, but also to impress upon them how their positive actions can affect the present and future environments for generations to come by incorporating fun Leave No Trace related activities for them to learn from.
I want to register my child for this program now and will fill out the on-line registration form now!
By filling out this on-line form now, I understand that rock climbing is an inherently dangerous activity and agree to fill out the Sanirang Alpine Networks LLC waiver upon meeting on the first day of this program. I also understand that by filling this form out does not guarantee my child a space in this program alone, but can only be guaranteed with a minimum 50% initial security deposit or full payment of 350,000KRW/USD.